I don't have a particular subject to write about but I find it best to vent out every once in a while. As a person who probably rates on a below average on a social scale ^_^ thats probably the best medicine out there--blogs are fun!
I was thinking on school and somewhat college too. With all the lameness happening with my art block or loss of drive-- should I still go for an art school? It sounds great and all but realism doesn't happen to be my thing. Of course, at my age the realism style isn't that exciting and teenagers tend to drift away from reality sometimes so why focus on it? rather draw or depict anything in the style. Although I appreciate realism and the artists--because it takes skill to do so-- I can't bring myself to do it...alone. I figured in my junior year I'll focus more on passing my core classes, getting the right credits and then focus on my art dilemma by taking some of the art classes held there...so I have to make sure that I pass my math course (b/c I verily fail at math) D-: .
Hmm...what else is there? Besides unearthing an old song that I liked a long time ago--there isn't much going on. Later this hour I'm going to leave the house to go shopping and I'm hoping I find some new clothes for the school year or just have some fun. Speaking of fun, yesterday, though I despise the sport for some reason, I bowled. My thumb is sore because I bowled without gloves--the side of my thumb actually began to peel! It was so painful that I began using my left hand to bowl, good thing I have some control over my left hand but I still utterly failed at that.
Ah, speaking of yesterday now...I got to finish the first of The Bartimaeus Trilogy. Otherwise known as the Amulet of Samarkand. I'm now working on reading the second, as well as setting my eyes on the third installment of the series. I never thought I'd finish it b/c, at first, I was reluctant to read it for I wasn't used to the way the story was told however, I gave it a shot and couldn't put it down. Unlike Eragon, I could actually read aloud without having to pause in order to consider how a word was pronounced or just sound absolutely silly trying to sound the word out (b/c the author gave the world of Eragon it's own library of languages--which is very creative but a bit frustrating, as well as reminiscent to when I started to write my epic fantasy adventure years and years ago ). In fact, I still have the sequel Eldest in my bookshelf left unread b/c I decided to give the first one a go again--but I haven't found the time since I'm preoccupied.
Books! Maybe I should muse about books since I'm bored and somewhat out of topics. The books I like to read presently is fiction (big surprise). Fantasy, Adventure, the occasional Romance if its good, some other genres, the fiction novels based on ideas or other stories, a little Shakespeare, manga, fairy tales...I only have a few books that could be considered non-fiction but still fiction overall. Well, putting genres aside...Twilight series what's up with that? ^_^ I gave the book a shot but I found the main character and annoyance already...so I am one of the few who do not like it. (I swear the popularity is immense that I already know how it ends) --okay, putting the info aside as well. Some authors I'm keeping an eye out for are: Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty), Jonathan Stroud (Bartimaeus Trilogy), Garth Nix (Abbhorsen Trilogy, Seventh Tower, etc.)... those are just a few but these are the main people I look for on the bookstore shelves--if anything new came out or their past works so on. That doesn't mean that I don't occasionally take a peek at other authors though-- in other words, they are kind of my favorite authors at this point in time?
I'm officially bored so I'll just end my post here. Who knows? I might post again about something later that may or may not be interesting.
9 years ago

Post a Comment