These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

An Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away...

Labeled as
An onion a day...

Wait for it....Wait for it...

...keeps everyone away.


Just a joke I happened to hear somewhere. It probably isn't funny because this is typed word but if I said it it would probably entice a little chuckle or a sarcastic "Wow."

So amazingly I'm pretty happy today. (somewhat, somewhat not--I don't know but it changes every now and then) I recently got out of the house and went a little shopping with my father. To battle with the painful separators at the moment the fridge was armed with yogurt and various things. Warm porridge never tasted any better with just a hint of lemon, ginger and bits of chicken, courtesy of the chef here (dad of course). Even with the discord happening here, he still manages to cook up good food. *shrugs* I'd tell more about how the trip to Best Buy was weird but, besides me finally getting my hands on a Flyleaf CD and Muse's Origin of Symmetry CD, more and more senior moments happened. \:-|

I'll forget it soon enough.

Well I decided to blog and answer comments on previous posts b/c I was waiting on some laundry. I mean, I might as well get it done before I run out of time. By that I mean that tomorrow I'm going to go hiking with the usual people: dad, cousin and some co-workers. \:-| Though I wish I could hang out more with my friends rather than his. (my cousin's okay but we're kind of different on a lot of levels) Although, I'm not sure whether my friends would ask me to go with them to do something and I doubt my dad would let me go. You know how dads are with their daughters. *eye roll* Don't even get me started when I cried one time. Gosh, now I wonder who gave me more mental scarring: my mother or father? (Someone call a psychologist please!)

Here's an example to those who don't know:

Me: Pa, I was wondering if I can go to the movies with some friends.
Dad: What kind of friends?
Me: My friends.
Dad: Are they girls? You know what happens in movie theaters...
Me: ...They're mostly girls, a couple guy friends here and there but nothing serious. Plus, that only happens in movies!

[awkward silence]

Dad: No.
Me: Eh? It isn't like I like them!
Dad: You're not going. There's boys there and they only want one thing.
Me: *slaps forehead* D-:\

I'm not girly so I have more guy friends than friends that are girls. I wonder how he cannot consider that--and the fact that, which I read about somewhere, that daughters who are more in favor of their fathers (or spend more time with them) happen to have (or establish) better relationships with guys. Funny how that's true. Only now am I noticing this and it's weird now that I take a closer look at the clothes in my closet. Especially when that time came and I had to rely on my mother for information. I was clueless on everything! But now I'm more informed--unlike a friend I knew in middle school, who grew up like me, who's still a little clueless about what happens in the female body... Then again, sometimes it's best not to know too much.

Some reasons on why I'm looking forward to my Junior year:

  • Just going back to school
  • Learning stuff (which I actually like)
  • Seeing new & old people
  • I'm going to be a senior next year!
  • Junior Prom (I'm not sure whether I'm going but it would be nice)
  • Volleyball
Some reasons why I'm not looking forward to it:

  • An increase in poor self-image (we don't wear uniforms so it's a hassle having to wear different clothes)
  • Semester Finals (hectic days!)
  • Homework & Tests (Tests especially since they count more)
  • Ortho appointments (since there is the possibility of me having to be excused from school, which means I have to miss stuff)
  • STRESS
  • Some other reasons....
I think that's it for now and my laundry's done too. :-D
3 comments:

"Boys only have one thing on their mind [sic]." That's what Skippy did a post on ...


Oh dear, talk about awkward. Well, it's certainly nice to know someone else has parents just like mine. I'm not allowed to go to the park for that same reason you weren't allowed to go to the movies! Stupid, eh? But eventually you get the upper hand. Eventually.
I can't wait for school to start either. ^_^


Luna:

Truth be told, I never saw Skippy's blog, not until you mentioned it. Strange how it's eerily similar...

Ah, well... now Skippy has a new reader. ^_^

Jehsyka:

Same here. :-D I just can't go anywhere! (which is sad) But, as you said, as you grow older you get more opportunities--eventually. O_o

Putting that aside...yep, just a few more days and it's back to school!



Followers