These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Braces HURT!

Labeled as
I finally got my braces today and it took me this long to blog about it. My mouth is pretty much sore and will be for a week, till I adjust to it and all. I still can't get a hang of brushing and flossing because it hurts to move or even touch the wire AND one of the expanders just kind of popped off on the way home (which I'll inform them about tomorrow). I just wish that the orthodontist was a little closer to home so the problem could be fixed right away-- but it's at least an hour away with traffic being a constant.

But besides the butt-kicking traffic I still have to get some teeth pulled out (oh geez) and that place just happens to be a little nearer. Oh noes! But I hope I can still listen to my music when that happens...I can't stand just staring at the ceiling all the time...there happens to be a television too but nothing to watch but soap operas (not of english language) and those shopping channels or cooking channels. The cooking channels are okay but everything else....eh. Well, this is at least two weeks off though so I'm okay...for now.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might or might not go to v-ball practice. I missed todays b/c of traffic (even though I didn't even have the proper attire) but I would've at least got the the forms the coach promised to give us. Hmm...if I can scrounge around my closet for some shorts or something I might reconsider. I mean, the first time I went I was the only one wearing pants! (but nobody asked and real practice didn't even start)

:-| So that's some things to mull over about.
5 comments:

I've gotten six teeth pulled total. For the first two, I went to my dentist and got numbed. For the last four, I went to an oral surgeon and got put out. That went much better, because then I could go home and take a nap. :)

Yes, braces hurt, and I'm sorry you have to go through it.


You should try string-free, reusable and portable dental floss. Its called BrytonPick - FLOSS in Seconds. I'm using it after every snack ....its cool, simple and discreet...huge time saver...


Dun worry 'bout it compatriot! The ache fades gradually, but eventually and in the time being, as I had happily informed you before, you can enjoy giant masses of jell-o!
GASPEH!
Here's some braces tips:
- Never brush with whitening toothpaste! NEVER!
- Flossing only has to be done about once a week or even less.
- The skinny brush used to go under the wire is your most important tool.
- Try not to drink soda. The acid gives you weird splotchy marks around your braces that a good brushing can't get rid of.
- You don't have to brush four times a day (not sure if that's a rule for you, but my orthodontist enforced that). Two times is plenty enough.


Your blog looks so cool. How do you get it like that?


@Luna:

Six teeth? That's rough. They have to remove four for me...but I will look forward to that nap but not the taste you usually get after that kind of thing happens.

I think I'm faring better already. Thanks for the comment!

@Ann:

Ann, thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to try and seek it out the next time I visit the store. It sounds pretty handy and a lot more easier to use. ;-)

@Jehsyka:

Yep! It's already been a few days and it's been hurting less and less. Still I've yet to get my hands on some Jello 'cause I would definitely love some right now...

Thanks for the tips too. I'll be sure to keep the whitening toothpaste one in mind (since my dad tends to pick up the wrong kind of toothpaste when shopping) X-D Somehow I find the super skinny brush to be the most fun part when I brush.

As for the blog I just changed the background (hurrah for Pyzam) and I just added some widgets from last.fm or any other website. Not sure what else, except add some links and that lolcat picture. :-) I try to personalize it as much as possible...I remember I had an account on Wordpress and I stopped blogging because I was bored with the layout and I wasn't sure whether my blog was getting hits or not. Speaking of the hit counter...err it's just fun to see the numbers go up.

Well, the best thing you can do is to just make the blog fun for you and the reader...but mostly you.



Followers