For some reason, I can never stay with one domain name but now I think I won't change it anymore. I apologize since the people who pretty much watch/follow this blog have to edit their links so I apologize for that.
Anyways, I'm sure that most writers have had that one story that they want to tell and it's a story that has some importance to the writer; that story, for me, is what I named this blog. Ephemeral Wings was something I started in Junior High but never finished since the ideas for it was all jumbled and I didn't have a means of organizing it. Along with E.W was a story call Crimson Red, then another one (on which I had no definite name). I'm not sure whether I would continue those two stories, Crimson Red maybe (since I like the title), but E.W will be the story I'll be carrying for as long as I live. It's also the story I cannot write until I experience what the characters within it experience; though not to a full extent since they go through some pretty bad stuff (recall: SS: #126). Also, the hardest thing for me to do is to get into the mindset of the main character, who happens to be the opposite gender.
Goodness gracious, what have I gotten myself into?
But, once I do get all the information I need and get to writing, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
For the sake of the people reading this, normally I would try to explain what this story is about but, honestly, I'm not sure how. At least, not sure where to start (that's how disorganized I am with this). Although I did create a lot of backstories for most of the characters, giving them their own personal history, but keeping track of all that kind of mixes everything together and if I were to explain I'm sure many would go: What? (I did try once and that's what they said!)
I think it's a bit shameful that I know more about the characters in the story than the world they live in... (and yes, you can the blame me)
Besides my jumbled thoughts...
*changes channel*
I'm so watching the VP debate right now.
9 years ago

October 7, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Heh. Actually, I find it easier to write in James's (or any other male character's) perspective easier. And I'm a girl. :)
It's probably because Irina could just be any random girl (I make up a lot of characters like her), unlike James, who is more definite.
Marie was actually pretty fun to write with, especially because of the shock of seeing Irina and James.
I don't think it's bad to know more about the characters than the world they live in. I know a lot about James and Allen (and some other vamps who have yet to make appearances) than I do of the normal vampire world. (I'll explain that later.)
October 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Ah thats great! X-) Guess I need to work on my technique...but I understand since Dmitri's personality is rather solid (unlike Alice) and it is a bit easier to write in his perspective; I think I was referring more to the char. in E.W in this post...not sure.
Huzzah more vampires! From a writer's standpoint it's alright to know more about your characters...as long as they don't take over your life and all. >:-)
Post a Comment