These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Blaaa-ness

Labeled as , ,
*slams head on desk* I haven't been on Blogger recently...but I have my reasons for this lack of updates.

I can't really say that this week started out in the best way possible nor can I say things are looking up in the following week (with the end of the quarter on Ol' Hallows Eve--imagine taking the end assessment in your halloween costume LOL). And with myself being a bit disoriented for a few days I thought things over instead of doing assignments like I was supposed to be...and I began thinking on how to properly end chapter 6 as well the whole story (which leads me to the announcement that ch. 6 won't be coming this Friday). Sadly I thought I might be able to finish it but I couldn't really force it out even though I can see it unravel in my head.

But besides the bad I have had a few good things happen lately.

Did I mention my love for the sport volleyball? It just so happens that we're playing that in Gym class...it doesn't seem like much but I have gym for first period and it's easier to wake up in the morning knowing that I'm going to do something I like.

Another thing is music. :-) I've been searching for music that somehow, at least in the slightest matched with what I'm writing--so it's easier to get in the mood of writing a certain scene or anything for that matter (I still have problems when drawing things out though--I've been writing so much lately that illustrating and such is so foreign to me now).

Writing. Though I should have been working on ch. 6 I moved my focus the previous weekend (and on Monday/Tuesday) on the background of LoF. I asked myself what my purpose was for writing since I need to clarify it to myself (I'm complicated like that :-| ) and I got to the conclusion that I need the practice and I thought a short story might be good. Though now, it's not so short, at least with the ideas I'm getting that can expand it a bit. So far, I've thought of backstories and the story that goes right after. And amongst these ideas, the current story just went to a pause and I said to myself then: "something isn't right here." I'm well aware that I've probably made a few mistakes and Alice's personality or Dmitri's might not seem clear--and that enough is bothering me--but I forgot that that was my challenge to myself. I remember, before I started writing it, that I post my hastily written drafts until the story is done, then I edit it from start to finish and repost. It seems like a good idea yes? But I'm just afraid that the ending might not have the same impact I envisioned it to have with my current drafts--but I'll still try since that goal I gave myself is also similar to the NaNoWriMo challenge...just not in one month's time. :-|

Hmmm...I should probably get to sleep now (11:55) :-D then again, I am the nocturnal type.
5 comments:

Dmitri and Alice's personalities do seem different at times, but they're more or less the same. Alice laughs more, she's not so embarrassed. In the first chapter, Dmitri was haughty (... actually, I don't know what that word means, so I probably shouldn't use it ...), but he's more ... open, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. He's not so secretive.

About writing something - writing a good bit of it too, mind you - and having a story all in place (just not written down), but then switching to another story? Ugh, I do that all the time. I've been having some trouble with Blood is Chocolate, along those lines. The time line is just messing me up right now, so I'm thinking of not posing anymore until I have everything straightened out ... but I know I can't do that. Chapters are just going to have to come later, I guess. X| Ugh. I'm starting to hate the week-long deadline, but it's the only thing that's keeping me writing.

Bleh. Long post, sorry. I just totally dropped everything on you. But you're amazing, so you can deal with it. Right?


Oh, and by the way, your hit-counter isn't working right. It just says "home page" instead of numbers.


Oh. I should have told you earlier, but I'm using your vampire slayer & vampire idea for a story.


Thanks for the descriptive comment--it helped me consider some things...and I might finally get to finish that chapter I put off...no matter how silly it might sound but at least it'll be done. XD I also kind of took to your idea (not sure if that's the right word for it...) maybe technique? of focusing on a another story when having trouble with another...and, I finally decided that I will do the NaNoWriMo challenge after all!


Yes, I will tell when I have another Slayer chapter up. :)

I focus on another story (sort of) - lets say, The Slayer - if I'm having trouble with another - Blood is Chocolate - because while I'm writing The Slayer, I get ideas for Blood is Chocolate. Of course, it happens visa versa, which isn't the best thing. >.>



Followers