Humm...an early post today but only because I found myself worrying incessantly about my skin. HOWEVER, thats only because I started using Proactive! Oh jeez...I know. Plus, I never start worrying about something unless I have this gut feeling that something bad is going to happen if I don't take ahold of the reins and stop. Just stop.
I already doubted the infomercial and have always distanced myself from celebrity advertised products but, as a teenager who is pretty much socially withdrawn but desperately wants a new beginning...(gee, that's a handful to say) I'm ashamed to say that I let down my guard. Sure the feeling of my skin is great and it actually feels clean but there has to be something wrong when your skin starts to have an adverse reaction to it...and its only reasonable to stop using it but then comes the thought of finally having clear skin AND confidence (and a possible remedy right there in your face). These past few hours I've been debating on whether to push away the irritations and continue the treatment regimen OR to stop before it's too late and my skin is ruined AND I'm stuck having to purchase this product for forever!
My irrationality almost got the best of me so I went to the only thing that could help me when I'm having a tough decision (and this is life-altering if you think about it)...the opinions of others. So the trusty computer was booted up and I got sleuthing. As I've said before, I've always doubted the infomercial but this just CONFIRMED my suspicions. Seeing reviews of the product and then forum posts and the like I finally pushed away Proactive and am returning to the salicylic treatment. I just hope that my skin gets better soon. )-:
*sighs* Now I'm just tired. I lost a good amount of sleep too just from worrying about this. <:-)
9 years ago

August 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Trust your gut.
I never like to get too dependent on anything, so if I find myself being taken control of (by a product, food, manga, whatever), I try to quit cold turkey for a week at least.
August 23, 2008 at 4:53 AM
Thanks for the advice.
Really! I appreciate it and yeah, I understand perfectly. In fact, I just set it aside and did what I always did and found myself in somewhat better spirits.
Maybe things will get worse but what happens, happens...I think that that's what my gut is saying right now.
Post a Comment