So I'm sitting here thinking of a rant I could type up. A few seconds later, I change my mind - "who would want to read a rant," I query, "I do doubt that I'll make much sense." So this won't be a rant (hopefully) - and it's not directed at anyone here either (many of my rants aren't anyway). :)
Sunday Scribblings #172 - The Plan
Why not write? Just write.I suppose I'm fairly upset because 1) I keep writing for ch.7 of YZ but it FAILS every single time and I have to start over 2) I'm caught between wanting to draw because I've got some people counting on me now (three or four - including myself since that was my first career choice) 3) It's super, super, super HOT and dry and we're trying to save electricity by not turning on the AC.
Technical terms literally cramp my style - my voice -
You're killing Art did you know?
Overly literal
Overly realist
Sometimes over-thinking situations can land you in the gutter - how very sad -
To you
From me
A present of everlasting scorn - Happy Birthday -
Here's my broken piece of Art
wrapped all nice and pretty and scented of the most pleasant smell -
It's just what you wanted isn't it?
Loosen up
Chill out
Make the best of your time instead of moping about -
Quit marching around -
only one of the many participating in Their Grand Plan -
Get the hell out of that gutter and move the way you want to
We all have a song, a beat, we move to
We may not agree but we walk a similar path -
Don't ask questions about Art
Just Do It.
I'm caught between a crossroads and I'm not sure what to do. One side says write, the other says draw, going forward means I'm stalling till I get to another crossroads and, who knows? That might be the last time I get to stall my way through? *sighs*
Anywho, I found this site where a published writer gives advice (here). I thought it was pretty helpful. :) Oh. And here's something I'm reading at the moment.
One last thought - I was thinking of starting a sketch blog of some sort. you know, take pictures (or scan but mine isn't working) of things that were drawn and post it for everyone to see. I really do draw a lot but never upload them to sites like deviantArt if it isn't finished in some way. And I do not like uploading sketches either - it looks like crap since it's like an online gallery/portfolio.
Ah, there's my thoughts for tonight.

July 18, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Well u torn between 2 minds i guess....Sure becomes difficult at times.
Hey we would like to see the sketches too....Go for it!
July 19, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Great idea On a blog you can combine your drawing and writing skills and than just let it all unfold
July 19, 2009 at 5:48 AM
seems like your between directions. do them both. make a plan
now I'm going in circles. you have the talent do not be afraid to stick your chin out. you may get a kiss instead of a slap
July 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM
I had a tough time with this post too. I even considered scribbling a sketch rather writing. In the end, I put it off until morning when an idea found me. When writing isn't going well, there's a reason and sometimes you have to wait for it to reveal itself. I like the idea of a sketch blog :)
July 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM
art is art, and drives us to abandon all other things.. right?
July 22, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Loved the links you shared! Take your own advice - just do it!! Go for the joy!!
July 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM
songofsea,
That's happening a lot these days. :) Probably because my school days are almost over (just one year left)!
Marja,
I'll give it a shot whenever I (if I ever) get a blog up. Thank you.
Old Grizz,
It seems like I'll be like this forever xD. I'll try making a plan like you said even if the future depresses me (just a tad). Thanks for the advice!
Nara Malone,
Thanks for the insight. I suppose some waiting is involved with writing... Good thing I'm fairly patient (but when I snap call the cops, please) >.>
quin browne,
Yes (that is my answer). I think it has always been that...unfortunately. :)
Dee,
Glad you liked the links! They helped me considerably so why not share? :) I'll try (working this out and being positive in doing so) :)
Post a Comment