
I keep springing these cat photos don't I? On the next post I'll try not to place a cat photo - note I said try.
Another break - again - since all I seem to do with my free time is watch Comedy Central (it's one of the few channels available for some reason) and write. Okay, so maybe I read here and there and do other human stuff - but, nevertheless, it is somewhat boring (when I put it this way).
Despite my mind wandering off into the various worlds on paper/monitor, there isn't a lot I can say/show before people freak out.
Act 1 -
In which I answer the question honestly.
"So what did you do this weekend?""Hmm, let's see. First I interviewed a psychopathic serial killer. Then I killed some people after breaking into their houses at, what, 3-4 am - can't remember - anyway, chopped the kid up, sewed'em back together... Ehh. Let's see, what else? Oh! I also managed to go to the airport, get seriously bored, troubled, then board the plane -""... What?""The plane thing? Oh I'm trying, honestly, but my handwriting's crap - can't read a thing..."They leave.
Act 2 -
In which I give myself less credit and answer in half-truths.
"So what did you do this weekend?""Ate, slept, drank and wrote like hell on my computer till it was five in the morning.""That's nice.""Indeed.""Anything else? Did you ever go outside maybe?""I think I did but I can't remember.""Ookay... I'll see you later."
There has to be something wrong when you fail to recall the last you went outside - or, fail to mention it (or forget to and remember it a second too late)... >.> So answering in half-truths has become a habit of mine, at least when I talk in person.
You consider things like what is being talked about and from that you can guess what not to talk about when you're around them or you just know instinctively (randomness is okay! ...in small doses esp. if the person is naturally serious). When asked a question you answer knowing what would be right and wrong and all that stuff. >.>
This over-thinking thing makes me feel awkward because then I have nothing to say that they want to hear. I'm just the strange brooding person sitting far far away laughing to herself because one of her characters said something funny... >.> Now isn't that nice? Lol.
But I'm probably doing that because wherever I go I have my stories in mind - even when I'm in the company of friends and family - people in general - I have my eye out for things like traits of their appearance and/or character or maybe things I might be able to use (like window shopping). When and if I ever get to say... some place I've never been to before, I'd probably take a good look around and take pictures of the places and avenues where such and such character might go - or if one of those places looks like a place in a story. In fact, that's the only reason why I bring a camera along. :) I think taking pictures of people is generally creepy (if you don't know them) and scary (because of my tendency to over-imagine scenarios like their faces changing to something else).
That's the writer talking. If I was...a photographer I wouldn't have a problem with pictures because I would have a different mindset. >.> But if I was still creeped out by faces I'd make it an art to take out their faces or take pictures of flowers instead.
I'd like to spend more time musing and going several directions with these thoughts but wandering isn't going to do me any good. I said that I'd try (again) with ch. 7 of YZ because it keeps coming out wrong (maybe if I change the layout of the text document) and also work on ch. 5 for LMM since there's a part where I'd like to get to.
That is all true (hopefully) because even when I'm blogging, I have to consider the readers and whether my rambling won't offend in some way.
Next time... I might have to define blog. It's been a year or so since I started this blog or started blogs in other sites (which is something I could address as well) and even now I'm still unsure on WTH a blog is.
I believe that was a warning, an implied one for that matter since I go overboard sometimes (sometimes). >.<

July 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM
The only time I go outside is to get the mail... and I almost never do that. *curls up into a little ball of shame*
I'm probably going to make a poll... but I'm tempted to not do the second arc. That way I could finish BIC quickly (it'll only be to chapter 20) and then work on the story in my head. Although I'm having a little separation anxiety - I've been working on this story for almost a year! D: Even though the voices are shutting up, I kind of miss them. Which is stupid, because they're not entirely gone, but still.
Okay, I need to fret elsewhere. Your comment section shouldn't be so abused (I've noticed that I do most of my fretting here).
Post a Comment