For the SC prompt— Where in the world?
Mars was on the run again.
He previously decided to hide in a room, but despite it's normal appearance, it wasn't.
It was a quaint room with a crackling fire and plush sofas set around a coffee table. It was oh so similar to home that he made himself comfortable accordingly... Then things spoke. Even the most ordinary objects suddenly drew sharp breaths, scolding the very sight of him. They even went as low to criticizing him for having a face when only the Matriarch—if he recalled correctly—and her Knights were the only ones allowed faces. It was then and there that he decided to run for his life and not look back—
He was in a hallway, wide and empty. To the side of him were three-story tall windows, triangular-shaped, like arrowheads lined up a few inches apart. Each shimmered as if made of crystal, enhancing the sight of the garden behind it. Mars followed this path, hoping it would lead him to that garden. He hoped that entering the garden would end this terrible dream because that was how the majority of his dreams ended in the past—
He always ran, it seemed, always ran from something. If he were to look back, whatever landscape was left was encased in ice and the ice didn't show any notion of stopping unless it engulfed everything in it's path. And always there was a light he ran to, and beyond that light was the warmth of a garden in summer. Staring up at the sun in the sky, the blinding sensation subsequent to that would wake him...
The hall was unusually quiet, it had been for the ten minutes or so the second he darted out of that room—if not ten then something close to it. There was no way of telling time in this infernal place. Adjacent the triangle windows were rows of doors. And with those rows of doors—all equally tall but more narrow—were patches of bare wall. On those patches were clocks, all different sizes and shapes and colors, and all with no face, just the numbers and the second hand ticking away. All those monotonous ticks and tocks, put together with the patter of his feet on the polished floors—it all couldn't have been anything else but a dream!
9 years ago

July 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM
I kept hearing ColdPlay's "Clocks" as I read this. I love the idea and you wrote it very well.
July 31, 2009 at 4:29 AM
good writing.. enjoyed the story!
August 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM
I have a character named Mars, but she's a girl (because she was inspired by Mars, the creator of TwilightSucks). I might put the so-far-unnamed story on hold so I can start her story... [ramble continued elsewhere].
Hey, have you ever tried to write steampunk? The last paragraph makes me think you might be good at it.
August 5, 2009 at 4:48 AM
Laelah,
wonderful writing goin on here and the new layout is LOVELY! I really like it!
August 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Agreed, your new layout is really pretty. Where do people find such awesome layouts?
Anyway, your writing is so lovely and breat-taking! I love it, you have talent, and I know you are going to be a successful writer.
:) Roxis, what on earth is steampunk?
August 19, 2009 at 6:08 AM
Hi, Laelah. I love your template. Can I ask where you got it from?
Post a Comment