These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Ever had one of those moments...

...where your muse takes you rollerblading? But you have no idea how to roller blade so your muse lets go of your hand and you crash into a big wet pile of leaves? Though you can't deny that while your muse was with you, you were enjoying the ride. You know...the wind, the breeze, a feeling similar to flight - cloud nine - before you realize that you don't want to move your knees else you'd lose balance and fall.

Well, after that fall, you're exhausted. And if you didn't have knee pads you'd have nicked your knees, or if you skidded across the neighbor's lawn, you'd have grass stains - or both. All in all you're tired and beaten, fumbling with the straps of the confounded contraption on your feet, and you curse for it seems that your muse has ditched you so it wouldn't appear to be the one at fault.

So where does that leave me?

Late last night, my muse gave me those roller blades. It was a fun ride that lasted...hmm...from sometime past midnight to 7 or 8 in the morning. And what I got was chapter seven in longhand and a sense of accomplishment for finally starting and finishing it.

So I closed the notebook and decided to sleep. Didn't work out. I ended up getting something to eat and later drank a gulp or two of sour milk... *shivers* Terrible stuff (and it wasn't even past the expiration yet). So I settled for oatmeal, after washing down the milk with flat coca-cola (it was better than nothing) and returned upstairs where I watched the news and Dr. Katz. Interesting morning? Quite. Later I turned off the television, opened the blinds (it was surprisingly cool and windy today) and read several chapters of Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones before finally sleeping.

...And here's something I should mention, yet I shouldn't, then again I feel I should.

I read aloud with the stereotypical British accent. Actually, whenever I talk (and there were instances at school) that accent slips out sometimes and I'd get these confused stares or laughter or questions. >.> Anywho, reading in that accent was kind of appropriate since...she was a British author...but anyway, it was a fun morning. BUT, I was told to wake up "early" because that day I had to go and get my senior photo taken...which led to my mother and I going around town to eat something, window shop and watch Year One (the one with Jack Black and Michael Cera) before heading home with dinner and a smoothie... Of course, I wasn't totally zombified due to lack of sleep - there was a time where I hadn't slept for thirty to forty somewhat hours and I was as lame as a manila folder taped to a beige wall...

So it has been a full day and I'm going to read in my faux accent and sleep - and then type out the chapter starting tomorrow.

And for some personal thoughts...

Lately I've been yearning to return to my fantasy writer self and have, all during Year Zero, been dabbling with the world of a project I started in middle school - the title of my blog - Ephemeral Wings. I suppose it's my life project because it was the first serious thing I tried to do after writing a horrid fanfic and even more terrible beginner stories... But now, after years of contemplating and putting it off because it just didn't seem original enough.... I started writing a few days ago and found myslef more involved and in love with the story.

And then, with that love churning out more ideas and making me type, I realized that that story would have to have sequels. Then that led me to Year Zero and that it too would have to have a sequel to it too since there are certain characters I want to explore. But I suppose I'll have to ask the readers about that - if they would like a full out sequel or one shots regarding a single character (good thing Wordpress has polls). But that's far off in the future...

Then that led me to the vampire story - but that won't have a sequel, oh no - but it became a longer project when it was first conceived in the dregs of summer 07.

And then there are the other projects under my belt - especially one a friend/fellow author suggested.

As I list everything out it all sounds plain overwhelming and stressful and complicated with all these characters wanting their story told, but, the more I laid out Ephemeral Wings and the more I worked on Year Zero, the more it became apparent to me that some of those characters were merely a deviation of the original characters I planned for my original story. And with all the years of not working on it, those characters changed and made their own paths the more I read and drew, taking in differing influences all the while.

So, in the end, there might not be a lot on my plate after all. I'm learning to choose my battles carefully now because I thrived on what was "in" at the moment.

Here's a visual -


Holy crappleberries Batman! It's a three-slayer cake! nom nom nom?

I am cannibal cake no more! Huzzah! *laughs in a triumphant and dramatic way*

...That cake is pretty creepy but it would be awesome to have one just like it one day.
1 comments:

I got another story idea, and do you know what I did? I wrote some of it down and PUT IT IN A FOLDER THAT SAYS "Story Ideas (DO NOT OPEN)"

THIS MAKES ME BRILLIANT, BECAUSE BY PUTTING THE WORDS "DO NOT OPEN" ON THE FOLDER, I WILL NOT OPEN IT UNTIL I AM DONE WITH ONE OF MY CURRENT STORIES.

IT IS BRILLIANT, I TELL YOU. BRILLIANT.

^ That was inspired by the "choose your battles" part. I AM CHOOSING MY BATTLES, SEE???

*bashes head against wall* I'm never going to read Growing Up Cullen and drink Dr. Pepper at the same time again. It makes me hyper, which means I'll do something stupid.

Like, you know, writing down this whole comment with the intention of logging in and clicking "Publish Your Comment".



Followers