These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Is it just me or what? Oh. And a Challenge.

All right. So today I finished Madame Bovary (on which I couldn't keep to my "experiment" that I mentioned in the last few posts and that's only b/c I was really limited with time).

It. Made. Me. Cry. Goddammit. (that's not news...)

Worst of all I was reading the ending in class but nobody noticed my tears because I held them back, plus, I had my trusty handkerchief and those allergies. So it didn't even look like I was crying at all. Ah well. But I loved the book, that's all I'm trying to say.

I'm...content at the moment. Just wondering what to read next... Shall I read another classic that's on my list? or read something "normal" for a change?

Sadly I can't browse the library because students are taking tests at those hours so it's closed.

Hmmm... Besides that, I'm writing for a bit (that isn't ne
ws...again) while listening to music on Last.fm. (Ingrid Michaelson is awesomeness!)

Okay. I'm getting repetitive... How about something interesting for a change?

Truth be told, I've been focusing so much on my characters (idk, just felt like saying this) so, I'm looking for something different to write about. Like Luna's post waaay back in October (click) she took the idea I suggested, tweaked it around a bit and voila! The Slayer came out of it. *pokes everyone who hasn't visited her blog/read it yet*

I feel optimistic and "free" at the moment (like I haven't a care in the world) so I'm not sure if I'll feel the same if I look at this post again in...[insert ridiculous amount of hours here].

*cracks knuckles* Writing-wise I'm a romantic/psychological/ horror/fantasy/mystery/supernatural/tragedy freak. Anything among these genres/subgenres/themes/whatever they're called interest me. I'm willing to break out of it if the idea's awesomeness meter beats the others (look at me assuming stuff, please excuse the weird-factor as to how I'm putting this challenge together).

Putting that aside... What I'm looking for are ideas or concepts. It could already be a plot of anything that you wish and I'll try to make something out of it (a short story). Surprise me and I might surprise you back with the outcome (doesn't that sound fun? It sure does!). Ha. I just agreed with myself. But yes, that's what I'm looking for and I hope someone will reply.

The best example I could give at the moment (since I'm sleepy): "A story that centers around the events of a condemned town that calls upon those who've committed or felt guilty about what they've done. Upon arriving at this town, the environment turns to their personal hell that they have to fight their way through because that's the only way they can live normally again."
Obviously a Silent Hill reference. :| Well, what can you expect for an SH music junkie?

And while you're thinking about what awesome thing you'd like me to write let this picture distract you.


ORLY?

EDIT: Hello! 80th post...O!

...and to celebrate...my newest obsession (song-wise).



3 comments:

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Do keep up the good work.. visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!


*cries and screams and throws tantrum*

Blogger's being stupid! This is, like, the 500th time I've tried to post a comment here! It just keeps shutting me down!

Anyway, I'll type everything up and post it later when things start working again.


'Kay, I'll keep this short: I have a sort-of idea, but I don't think I'd be able to pull it off. Which is why I'm telling you.

a) There are five large demon clans.
b) Each clan has a large amount of territory - one has control of the demons in Russia and Europe, and another has demons in, say, Canada and Alaska (but not other parts of the US
c) When the demons first came to earth (like, thousands of years ago), some humans saw them
d) The humans then started families, etc.
e) But in order to live (because humans aren't supposed to know about demons), each family is tied to a demon clan.
f) And in the present, something's supposed to happen. But I don't know what.



Followers