These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Novels and rants with cats

Labeled as , , ,
So here it is,
my feeble attempt at light-hearted poetry--
a mess
of incoherent words and ramblings
of a tired girl held in contempt
for the night hours go by oh so fast
that one cannot lie without a passing glance
at a welcome distraction

Sleep welcomes
a much needed rest
for these bones ache as if I was seventy years old
but I refuse to sleep
--and this is my excuse--

that rambling for forever in poetic format
makes the imagination spark and die

--like a match in a wet cave--

but hey, at least I'm alive


Hey all, a short random poem written a few nights ago when I refused to sleep unless I made a couple of decent rhymes. It didn't work but something humorous I thought worth sharing came up. :)

Oh. Here's something interesting (and something I want to try thanks to Luna and Wandering Child.)


I'll be reading Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. But, instead of just reading it, I'll read and summarize what's going on. I've read many books but never looked into them (as in analyzing and noting things down...for EVERYONE to see). Plus, I think it'll help me with my own writing, considering characterization, backgrounds...etc. plus, I want to know why the ending of the novel is the way it is.

Now, I originally wrote this post during school but Blogger was having "errors" so I couldn't post it. So now I have to think of some new things to say.

I fell asleep in the afternoon so I'm disappointed that I couldn't get a jump start on writing.

It's quite rainy over here and it's great (thus, why I fell asleep in the afternoon since rainy days make me sleepy).

I did however, start reading the book in several of my classes. But the 5th period sub decided for me to set my focuses on Math than on a great author such as Flaubert! (Can you tell I'm pissed?) I don't know about you guys but I doubt I'll be using high-level math in what I want to do (I just need to pass it to graduate). I somewhat regret taking Geometry freshman year because it was easy but Alg. II expects you to know Geometry and Algebra I. Sorry guys but I am not a mathematician, nor can I wave a wand that'll make me commit to memory various formulas and tiny rules concerning their use and how to execute them (but I am, in no way a bad student).

To tell you the truth, the reason I epically PHAIL at maThz is because I relate it to logically defining our world. Sure, numbers and graphs...polynomials and upside/sideways down U's doesn't seem like much on the surface...not to mention imaginary numbers (Oh Good Bob in heaven...) I'm a person who wants to see the extension of their efforts. Numbers on a piece of paper is hardly how I learn, or at least, how I want to learn. So I drift off.

It's totally my fault for being like this now because I loved doing math before we, as students, were pressured into really committing (*cough* cramming *cough*) this information in our brains. I have no excuse because, well, if I "paid attention" I wouldn't really be complaining. Many people will probably say that because...hey, it's just math. Do it.

A lot ask how Math is relative to the world. I did too and tried to get my own definition besides "you can use it to get this job...or do this if you know how to do this to figure out about that..." It sounded like a never-ending circle of going into a certain field or to calculate the tax you have to pay after a ginormously portioned meal (though they taste good). However I looked at the question, it would always be about the world that I, at the time, didn't want to live in (at the time this really bothered me)...[/endangryrant]

I'm going to end the post here, since I've dawdled too long on Blogger with deciding whether I should add what I wanted to say in the first place. :)


\:-|

Indeed.

EDIT: Is it just me or does anyone else think Blogger's format needs to be wider?
3 comments:

It's okay. I'd hate it if everyone agreed with me. Plus, I'd defend a character I really loved, too.


'Kay I had this uber-long comment but then my computer crashed so I'll just make it quick.

IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you can use Blogger's original templates (like, "Stretch Denim" or something) and have it be wider, but it's ugly and that's why I use PYZAM. Although there's blogskins.com, but that's... weird. And it's hard to find a REALLY REALLY MAGICAL template. Of course, that might just be me b/c I change my mind all the time.

Side note - yesterday, I was doing all of the gardening work that Nana isn't supposed to do since she fell down, and Nana swore. She yelled out "SHIT!" I think it was because Truman had just jumped in her lap (he's the neighbor's cat, and he had really long claws).

Okay, I'm scared that the computer might crash now, so bye.


http://btemplates.com/2009/04/23/template-abril/

That up there ^ is the template that I want.

Thank you so much.



Followers