++After this I'm getting back to writing YZ0 >_>'' I'm also a Castlevania music nerd...
Wandering the crystal blue, you wonder sometimes if what belongs there is true. It could be a beautiful hapless dream - of delusions in the light of boredom. Momentary visions of what cannot exist - at least of what we can't take into our own hands and control. So it doesn't exist.
As for the reason why this boat rocks so much is because of the effect water has on solid objects. You can't fully grasp water - unless it's frozen - so we gave it this dreamy mysterious quality. It is nothing but an ethereal form - ephemeral. It can't exist. Nothing real exists there.
So what is it then? This face I see staring back... Is the sea just a mirror? A dark, dark, petrifying mirror that shows us the past? the present? future? I look deeper and deeper, catching my sleep-deprived face in the water, holding it for awhile in my brain - a snatch in time in the ever flowing water. It eventually fades with the tiny waves and ripples. Do I exist?
In this merciless body of water. I certainly can't stand in it else I want to drown. So I'll exist, only temporarily, only long enough till exhaustion racks my frenzied limbs when trying to swim to shore - when there isn't one in sight - and I have enough oxygen in my lungs to scream in the empty blue up ahead. Instead of sending some form of help - some form of solid ground for my feet to stand on - it echoes the sound. Mocking, mocking, mocking...my cry of helplessness in this human-dominated world...
I don't exist.
I don't exist.
I don't exist.
I don't exist.
I don't...
...
...
..
..
.
.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"
I immediately opened my eyes, the blinding rays of sunlight scorching my periphery.
"Get on out of here! Out! Out! OUT!"
Oh crap. I fell asleep again didn't I? It must've been or else I wouldn't have been caught.
"Quit lookin' at me like that kid. Don't make me sic the dogs on you." He was literally red as a tomato. If I wasn't in danger - like, actual danger 'cause those dogs are vicious - I'd laugh. "GET OUT!"
I scrambled out the pool, the swimming tube under my arm. Right when I was at the gate the sound of barking was right behind me so I ran the hell away from there. "Sorry Mr. Wazowski! I'll never do it again! Promise!"
That wasn't his name. I just called him that for the heck of it.
"Never do the same thing twice," that's what someone smart said to me. And it's right, in a way. I shouldn't do the same thing twice...
I'll bring friends. Next time.
"Isn't that a little stupid?" they'll probably say.
No. So I'll say, "Dude. He has a freakin' pool."
So next time it is.
9 years ago

June 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Ah, I never did manage to get into Castlevania. Never got around to it. Maybe I will one of these days, like how I managed to get into Metroid so late in the game.
Also, you should know, I linked to Year Zero in my blog (Writing With SB, by the way).
June 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Great Prompt :)
Happy SS
Click Here For My Scribbling
June 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM
I kept hearing Into The Ocean by Blue October playing in my mind as I read this. I could feel the panicky laughing running that would come from getting caught - dude, he has a pool! Love it!
Carry On Tuesday #5 and SS #168
June 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Dee,
Blue October rocks and I haven't listened to them in a while. Thanks for the reminder and glad you liked it. :)
Post a Comment