O.O *proceeds to screaming ohnoes to the sky* Okay, the deadline for the story is next Wednesday! (just looked at their email) Can I make it in time? Well, I hope so...but I need to write a descriptive scene where Augusta is in Ballet practice--and, well, I've never seen one in real life before! So, this is what I did, I looked up some ballet info and even some footage on YouTube and I may just have the right stuff to write it out.
I just took a break so I could absorb the information and did some character profiles in the meantime...my brain needs some rest seriously.
It was pretty cool seeing people do ballet but I found myself muttering, "that must hurt" a couple of times. Have you seen how ballet dancers move? I was about ready to faint when I saw them dancing and even the kids who practice it... they all have such long limbs! (I feel somewhat normal now lol *I have long arms and legs* ) So I now have a mutual respect for it. :) I hope to do some justice when I write about it though-- I wouldn't want to get clobbered by the people who do actual ballet. Oh! I've recently unearthed an old favorite from my very very dusty brain lmao!
"My Favorite Things" by John Coltrane.
A piano version of this was playing during an audition video I saw-- and I knew it sounded familiar...so I found the name of the song & the artist's name and looked it up. So, there you go. I feel ashamed for not remembering it-- it's been a long time since I heard it though and there were many versions of this song around. :D And that's all I guess. (if I found out a way to place this song on my blog I would put it.)
9 years ago

Post a Comment