These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

Story Week.

Labeled as , ,
That will be what I will be doing instead of drawing. Suddenly, my heart is just not into it at the moment...but that means that I won't be sketching as usual. I'll keep sketching my characters in order not to forget their design...and I have a tendency to switch things around for a bit.

So, for this whole week, its about character concepts and continuing the stories that I have left somewhere--eventually gathering dust. Today I just remembered that I usually have these sessions where I drift from drawing to writing. And apparently, I have the urge to write rather than do something visual. I wouldn't say that that was bad but--since I have drawings I owe to some people it could be. (Glad that I finished most of the commissions though! :3 ) So I'll be giving a hand at writing for awhile--it usually lasts for a span of months sometimes even shorter.

I have bad news too about the comic. O_O I scanned in an inked page and...it didn't look as I expected. Even with the text that I put on GIMP--I think I should just stick with doing it with pencil so the submissions are easier and less time-consuming. I think--once I get back into it that will be what I will do. (--so there is still hope that I can get one of the four chapters done by this summer.)

In other news, besides my drawing dilemma and sudden desire to write, I'm starting to get into the manga series Immortal Rain and Hoshin Engi. They're really awesome! lol Tis a shame that they didn't have a better copy of the second volume of IM or I would've been able to know what happened next-- it was a series that I've been wanting to get when I was still collecting Angel Sanctuary-- B&N just never had a solid not damaged copy of it. (which is frustrating to me b/c I'm somewhat a perfectionist) But I'm happy that I got it now and can't wait to get my hands on the other 7 volumes (8 in total).

Hoshin Engi, on the other hand, has 23 volumes in total-- once I found that out I was all "what have I gotten myself into?" kind of thing but I really like it so far! Also, its two dollars less than a regular manga AND only one dollar less than manga serialized in Shojo Beat (like Godchild or Vampire Knight). So, I got volumes 1-3--and since I have the B&N membership card--I got 10% off! So it was just 6 dollars instead of 7.99. Thats just great b/c, well, this ones a keeper.

I'm kind of glad that I got some shonen-type manga--its a good change from shojo. Shojo titles practically dominate the top half of my bookshelf! (only b/c some of the series that I have reach the volume count of 20: Angel Sanctuary, Hana-kimi, Fruits Basket.) Immortal Rain however, is technically shojo (b/c of the story) but it has a shonen style to it. Its great though b/c I can compare between the two of them. They really have their differences especially in how the panels are arranged and also the use of screentone...its kind of fascinating lol (I can be a geek as I want to!) but that is kind of important for an aspiring manga-ka.

Okay, onto Story Week. Yus! I shall be focusing on my stories and there is one that I've been wanting to write for awhile--also b/c there is a deadline in order for I am a member of the TWC but more to come on that later! (I'll post about them in fact)

So expect the background story of Collin, the way I see it, its a tear-jerker in a way so I'm excited to write it. And, yes, I shall be posting that into the story blog as well. Cheers. (^^ says a dedicated Muse fan)
0 comments:

Followers