These wings aren't really here, they're just the trick of the light.

The Underground Escape Dream

Labeled as ,
I'm just going to write on what I remember about this. But I'll pre-analyze it due to it being on my mind at the moment.

This dream is sort of based on a desire I had or the idea I had about relationships. So what makes a good relationship? I'm not sure but, considering the person I am, I'd want stability and an understanding person to be with. Keep in mind that these ideas tend to derive from old customs and I am, in some way, pretty old fashioned which ironically isn't what a teenager is supposed to be? Well anyways, the dream embodies this idea: the want of a traditional-valued person to break tradition in order to pursue their own desire but is to afraid to do so--thus, the want of a person who is able to take them from tradition and into the current world.

I hope I got that idea right. In simplified teenager means: good girl meets bad boy-- lollmaorofl (I think thats pretty understandable right?)

I'll narrate this as well.

----------------------------------------------

The world outside is a cruel place, or so I hear. It happened not long ago when we, the community who had lived on the surface were forced to hide from the outside. Since then, we've made this abandoned complex our home--our place that is also hidden from the world. With only a few openings that let in the air from the outside and a stairwell that leads to the top of a skyscraper where there is no safe way down from the top of the building. (the complex we live in is seemingly buried underground, the skyscraper protruding from the ground) It had only been a few days since the incident but already our ideals have changed from escaping to staying in.

Constantly, I 'd hear that we already have everything we need and don't need the outside world anymore. And that was true but what about us? The teenagers and young adults who were used to the outside already? And, in fact, would rather be? They were the ones who desired the outside and tried to escape but have failed in their attempts--of course, now they're dead.

However, I'm not one of them. I'd rather stay inside and help the ones trying to find the right necessities for the rest of us to live off of--because this complex was a big place and used to be a mall or shopping center of some kind, or so it looked like. There were some rooms where it turned primitive instead of modern type rooms. This one room I remember, I almost got crushed by a huge round boulder--like those in the adventure-type movies. But, I would've gotten crushed if--well, if I wasn't saved by somebody.

He wasn't like all of us, wanting to stay huddled inside. Instead he wanted the fresh air outside--and even told us, me especially, that the outside was a better place now as well as he visited the outside at least one time. Of course, he wasn't given any attention but I somehow wanted to believe in his words-- no matter what my family said about him or what the others said. It was simply a desire--and I never knew that I could feel this way. And since I stayed with him for a long time and actually learned about him I finally took a chance and decided to go along with him to the outside world. Sure it was a risk, but it was one I was willing to take because, that'd mean that I would have to forsake my tradition--or at least the ideals of the people who lived in the underground.

As we went through the snake-like passage ways I could feel a burst of excitement. He said to me as we were running, "I think you'll like this place." That only made me even more excited so we ran even faster. Soon we did reach the outside. It was more dark and forest-like almost, also like a dimly lit neighborhood with trash strewn everywhere. As I would run out of breath, and eventually I did causing my pace to slow down, he took my wrist and implied that I run faster. "You don't want to fall behind," he said, "you don't want to get caught either." (the scene changes pretty fast here) We ducked behind a couch, he motioned for two others (some people that were trailing us it seemed like) to come closer in silence. I looked above the couch and there were people eating at a dining table. These people were my family members--and the whole table was quiet. I looked at him and he motioned for quiet. Then, he pointed at a square on the floor nearby. He let go of my wrist and went over to the square, pulled it from the floor and gestured for us to go inside. We all did and, as he was last, made sure to close the entrance behind him. He took my hand this time as he pointed to a building a few meters away. "That's the place" he said, "its kind of a secret...and its practically deserted since that time."

The place really was deserted and looked run-down from the outside. By the way, which was really cold. Before going inside though, b/c trash was blocking the entrance, we had to move some and eventually we went inside. The two trailers stayed outside, 'to keep watch' they said.

Despite the outside look of the building, the inside was a different story. (the details here are foggy) It was certainly a change of pace from the underground complex though. Suddenly, it began to shake and we had to escape somehow. There was something that went terribly wrong it seemed like--we never got to find out but the entrance was starting to cave in. (I can't remember why though) But, just in time, the two outside dug us out and we suddenly had to run back to the underground complex. (this part was rushed, I was about to wake up then it seemed like)

Daylight was reaching the building. Of course, the two of us made it but I don't know about the other two. We found ourselves climbing up the stairs that led to the top of the skyscraper. "That was close," he said, while smoking a cigarette. I was still excited about the previous events and even said to him, "That was fun, truly it was. We should do that again sometime." He seemed happy when I said that and I was happy on my own accord as I rushed up the stairs. Then he grabbed my wrist, I stopped.

I said, "Whats wrong?"

(This is how the dream ended, I swear *is embarrassed to even type this out*)


From that, he pulled me closer and kissed me on the stairwell. He let me go right after, taking another inhale from the cigarette and said while walking up the steps: " I bet you've never seen the sun in a while haven't you?"

----------------------------------------------

And that is where the dream ends. This dream actually, and probably was, the driving force of a story I had in mind. I've written only little about it but its a story similar to this. I've yet to think of a proper title for it, nor a decent summary but its hard b/c I chose an actual place to place the story in. (and that's pretty tough b/c I need to learn more of the place before I actually write about it-- has anyone heard of the Valentine's Day Massacre? anybody? I was thinking of putting the story there once I saw half of the movie Some Like it Hot <--- which is a funny movie; its lol-worthy so watch it! )

So, yep, another strange dream but its a somewhat modern concept. I think I understand on why an underground complex though in the beginning and the skyscraper in the end. Now that I think about it this is a pretty decent dream! *is proud of dreaming of weird things* Though its more metaphoric on some points or some symbolism there-- which may give people a hard time understanding it...or not understanding it at all.

Hmm, that'll be all about this dream--though I'm not sure why a huge boulder too (like the Indiana Jones kind of boulders) but I think I understand on the concept of being crushed by a boulder. Considering the dream itself I think that if the girl were to stay in the building (b/c she was on the verge staying in/ to going out ) The ideal of staying in would've crushed her former self and becoming into what she did not want to be. I think thats that what that meant.

So people, I hope this dream has some meaning. (and blogging has never been more exciting XD )
0 comments:

Followers