+ + + True
The walls shield a secret that can never be told.
Humiliation.
Insubordination.
Hands tied in submission.
Rage.
The light flickering overhead only emphasized the figure on the edge of the bed with hands clasped in meditation. Nevertheless, his hands could never be far apart, not even for a feet or two. The same went for the binding at his ankles.
He lifted his head. There were keys and the faint rusted push of the door. He might have heard it more clearly if his ears weren't boxed in the last time they visited. Just by thinking about it brought the pain back, an odd pulsing in his head. If he wanted to raise his hands to his forehead there might have been blood or a scar. There wasn't. If he were to do that, there wouldn't be a cut or a sensitive bump, there would be bandages and cloth. Cringing, his eyes met theirs but...it wasn't who he was expecting. So he relaxed.
It was just a boy, he didn't seem to mean any harm. Plus, the keys to all the cells were in his possession. The aura about him radiated kindness, rather than the malignant ones he had envisioned as his very doom. He really should've kept a clear head about this.
The boy neared with hesitant steps, his hands were visibly shaking as he picked through the keys quietly. He held out his chained hands. The boy seemed set to free him.
Idiotic? Maybe. How long has it been since he had been imprisoned... How long since they kept harassing their kind for answers that they didn't know? The aftermath; it built their rage. Our rage, he thought, is what makes us whole. Makes us who we are. And yet, there was this human boy who showed the only speck of kindness ever since that time. Hopefully, the others will have enough reason to not bare their fangs against those who never meant to harm us. The world would die quick if the innocent were to fall past their time.
There was a scream, a girl far in the same hall. The boy quickened in removing the heavy chains and bindings wrapped round the lower half of his face and his hands. Slowly, little by little, the weight would lessen and his strength would return.
"I don't know you," he whispered, "but I know you want to get out of here. First, please, you must save my sister."
A grateful smile came upon his lips, revealing the sharp white teeth that could render through flesh. And then, came the first words he had said in a long time. "Child, I thank you. But allow me to save my brethren as well." The boy quickly gave him the keys.
"Please, you have to hurry."
He stood, towering in height. The boy however, was fearless. He was going to do it anyway, save his sister. The man who had her was one of the first humans he had encountered and, through a misunderstanding, was the very same who imprisoned him. In a sense, it was he who sent his comrades in this pit of a human jail because then, hordes of armed humans pursued them when they meant no harm.
They suffered because of him, now he was going to let them out. The only problem was whether they were going to trust him again...
He turned his attention to the boy, wondering how the hell he knew about this prison, about them... Unless, there was something going on. Something big.
But that would have to wait.
Funny how things go somewhat smoothly during state test time. Well, maybe the schedules are a bit strange but it's the flow of ideas. In this case, story ideas. I'm like reeaallly close to getting a plot/chapter overview done but that doesn't count the subplots for that one certain rewrite. I'm still unsure of the name though Love of Fate now that I thought of it more it doesn't make sense and Lost Heaven is slightly better and the song of the same name (which was a coincidence) sort of fits into the theme I'm going for it. *shrugs* I'll see how it goes.

May 18, 2009 at 8:53 PM
I love your writing.
Ah, Russia... Yeah, I know what you're talking about. ^^ It seems that I have a lot more German characters, though (because when you speak in German, you sound angry).
May 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM
>.< Oh thank God I'm not the only one who'd freaked out by pregnancies. When we were talking about that in health, I thought I was going to pass out. Mostly because the teacher was motioning from the top of her head to her knees and saying, "Babies get really big!"
*giggles* Noodles look like tiny colons!
Post a Comment